At 09:31 PM 10/5/2005, Garrett Cooper wrote:
Hi,
    Just having problems again enabling cgi script execution in
apache. The script exists, it's the right set of permissions, and the
perl interpreter is reference correctly, as well as the following
line in the httpd.conf file:

    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

Without being able to see the config, the name of the script, the contents of the script, or the directory it's in, the simple stuff comes to mind.

Does the AddHandler directive actually apply to the directory that contains the script?

Does the script end in .cgi ?

What shows up in your apache error log?

What error shows up in the browser when you try to browse to the script?

-Glenn

    I also restarted the server, so I'm not sure what I'm missing
out on. Any ideas?
    Versions:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] perl --version

This is perl, v5.8.6 built for i386-freebsd-64int

Copyright 1987-2004, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic
License or the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access
to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.org/, the Perl Home
Page.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] httpd -v