On Oct 7, 2005, at 10:29 AM, Garrett Cooper wrote:

On Oct 7, 2005, at 10:09 AM, David Kirchner wrote:

On 10/7/05, Garrett Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No dice, but thanks for trying =).
-Garrett

Some other questions then:

Is rpcbind running? Does it show mountd registered? Try "rpcinfo p" to
check. You should see something like:

    100005    1   udp   1022  mountd
    100005    3   udp   1022  mountd
    100005    1   tcp   1023  mountd
    100005    3   tcp   1023  mountd

along with others.

Is /store its own partition? mountd will only export filesystems. You
can NFS mount specific directories if you have the -alldirs flag in
/etc/exports, but you can't prevent them from NFS mounting other
directories. (You can, however, use permissions to prevent them from
viewing/writing to directories you don't want them to).

Try running mountd with the flags "-d -l". It will stay attached to
your terminal. Does it show the line being processed properly? Note
when you ^C this, it will still show up in rpcinfo -p .

    Yes, /store is its own partition.
rpcbind showed something similar to what you printed out above, but longer since I have smbd and nfsd running. After killing samba the rpcbind stuff still stuck around, with there being lines with nfs in them as well. The only other option I can think of is that I might have upgraded my Mac by accident and something 'broke' with the darwin kernel which precipitated this problem as well. Weird though since it all worked last week and I don't remember updating my Mac for 2 weeks, whereas my FreeBSD machine was updated last weekend and that's around the time when the issues started occurring.
-Garrett

Ah, it works now after I restarted the machine. I dunno why, but maybe the hostnames were cached in /etc/hosts with NFS, because that's the only thing I can think of that was blocking my authentication with my FreeBSD box.
-Garrett