in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
wrote parv thusly...

> in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
> wrote Mark-Nathaniel Weisman thusly...
> >
> > Is there a command that I can check to see if a particular package was
> > installed ... the way it was supposed to?
>   #  given a package name, see if files exists
>   #  if they do not, ls will complain; only errors will be
>   #  shown
>   pkg_info -L <name> | xargs ls -l > /dev/null

more appropriate would be...

  #  - w/ -x pkg_info(1) option, a pattern (instead of complete
  #    name) can be specifed
  #
  #  - the more important addition is of egrep(1) to remove unwanted
  #    output of pkg_info(1); otherwise ls(1) would complain for
  #    obvious reasons
  #
  pkg_info -L -x <pattern> | \
  egrep -v '^(Info.*:|Files|$)' |  xargs ls -l >/dev/null

  - parv