Drew Tomlinson wrote:
Sorry to be such a pest today. I'm working on a sh script that uses a for loop. To test, I've written the following:

for i in `/usr/bin/find /multimedia/Pictures -iname "*.jpg" -or -iname "*.gif" -print`
       do
       echo -e "\n$i"
done

The first line 'find' returns is "/multimedia/Pictures/1998 Christmas/April01.JPG"

Yet 'echo $i' only returns "/multimedia/Pictures/1998", stopping at the first space. Is it possible to get 'i' to represent the whole string that 'find' returns? If so, how?

Thanks,

Drew

Actually, ignore that one. Wouldn't work like I thought it would :-(