ok, this one is tough. I am writing 4 scripts- 2 sdevlope webforms, and are done, no problem. The other two respectively create or destroy email lists. Or at least that's the goal.

Sendmail is VERY persnickity about permissions and ownerships for the aliases files- at least. I have edited sendmail.cf so it compiles from a second aliases file, aliases.tinylist, which is in /etc/mail, and it reads the file fine. Note the webscript runs by apache (as nobody) cannot write to the /mail dir; it bombs at this point.

If I set the dir so other identities can write to it, sendmail get's VERY upset when I issue the newaliases command.

so either it accepts the file, but I cannot write to it, or I cannot write to it, but it accepts the file. sigh...

What's a fellow to do? Please advise.

--

end

Respectfully,