On Thu, 20 Oct 2005, Frank Bonnet wrote:

I'm searching for a free software that perform print accounting
interface with CUPS welcome.

You are entering into one of the most troublesome things in system administration. There are two problems:

* Relyably determining who's printing
* Relyably determining the number of pages

I don't know anything about CUPS but I once wrote a script for LPRng which may be changed to work with CUPS.

LPRng calls the script with user information as command line options and the document on STDIN. The script determines the user from the command line option and counts pages in postscript documents by parsing STDIN.

If the document doesn't look enough like postscript it is discarded. Windows users have a hard time getting it right.

I can send it to you if you're interested.

Cheers, Erik