I'm seeing 4 Current servers that were running squid with no problems now dumping core with the following error in the log file.

+pid 48635 (squid), uid 100: exited on signal 6 (core dumped)

I have no idea where to begin looking. I went to the squid list and saw where it was caused by persistent connections on some platforms so I turned them off and there was no change.

All the machines are running up to date ports, with kernel and userland no more that a week old and it includes Intel and amd processors. Two boxes have multiple processors so it doesn't seem to be a hardware problem.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

ed