At 01:53 AM 10/31/2005, Vladimir Dvorak wrote:
Hello,

where can I found ALL parameters suited for /etc/make.conf ? For
example, I wanted install some software from ports without X11, but

man 5 make.conf

doesn`t include WITHOUT_X11 option.

Fortunatelly I found this page

http://www.gsp.com/cgi-bin/man.cgi?section=5&topic=make.conf

and included some necessary parameters into my make.conf.

Ok, I found this

--- man make.conf ---
The purpose of make.conf is not to run commands or perform compilation
     actions directly.  Instead, it is included by the various makefiles in
     /usr/src, /usr/ports and /usr/doc which conditionalize their internal
     actions according to the settings found there.

in man page, but im not sure where exactly should I look ?

As stated above, make.conf applies to building things in /usr/src /usr/ports and /usr/doc. Anything you can control with environment variables when building in those dirs can be added to make.conf.

If you're looking for general settings that can be changed in ports for example, you'll find info in the ports(7) man page. Additionally, individual ports my have additional settings.

-Glenn

(OS: 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE )

Thank you,

Vladimir