Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Tue, Oct 25, 2005 at 11:01:32AM +0300, Casper wrote:

Hi,

I`m trying to make little schedule for upgrading and wanted to know when approximate will be new FreeBSD releases... How I understand in few weeks must be FreeBSD 5.5 release, but I can`t find schedule for upcoming 5.5 version... Or it is delayed?
Or in few weeks will be maybe sooner 6.0 version of FreeBSD?

5.5 will be a few months after 6.0, i.e. perhaps not before the
beginning of next year.

Kris

hi,

as far as i understand minor releases are supposed to be 4-6 months apart. this should be the new release model announced. am i wrong? or has it changed? or is it influenced by something? (6.0-R?) it might be useful, imho, to set/show a roadmap with at least approximate release dates.

m.