Vulpes Velox wrote:
On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 15:58:01 +0200
Roland Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[ ... ]
One thing you could try is to burn a 6.0-RC1 CD and try that. Test
your memory with memtest86 (http://www.memtest86.com/).

Memtest86 does not tell you if you have bad ram. It just indicates
that something some where is wrong with that system there. I've seen
it hit errors with bad motherboards as well.

It's true that problems with overheating or a bad MB will generate errors that memtest86 will see, but memtest86 is really good at noticing bad RAM.

It will catch errors that the BIOS self-test won't (which isn't too hard :-), and I've never seen memtest86 fail to detect bad RAM....

--
-Chuck