Bill Moran wrote:

dick hoogendijk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Any idea how long it takes until the MX freebsd mailservers know that
my mail relay has changed? It's three days ago now that I changed my MX
records and still mail for nagual.st is routed to my old mx
mailservers. Mail arrives (luckely) because those servers are still
operational, but...(?) When are the dns servers for the freebsd
mailservers updated?

Depends on how your DNS was set up.  _Your_ DNS records include information
about how long it is OK to cache DNS records.
And don't forget to update the Serial on your DNS source file otherwise nothing will notice the change.

--Alex