Greetings,

I'm working on setting up to machines that will be using CARP to provide fail-over, and I was wondering a couple of things:

1. How do you determine if the current box is the master? I need to have each machine do certain things at startup depending on whether or not it is the current CARP master.

2. How to force a box to become the CARP master? Suppose I want to take the current master offline to do regular maintenance, but I don't want to do so by rebooting the current master. A controlled switch of the CARP master to the hot-spare box is what I'd like to be able to do.

3. How to run a script when the hot-spare becomes the CARP master?

Any insight or suggestions as to how I might do these things would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Matthew