I couldnt agree more with this comment. My head hurt after
trying to figure this out as well..

Yea. The information seems to contradict itself.
The only thing I have been able to 100% figure out is:

#*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_0
-> release branch/security fixes only
Results in: 6.0-RELEASE

#*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6
-> 6.0 + changes will eventually be 6.1
Results in: 6.0-STABLE

It is perhaps a bit easier in OpenBSD land. -STABLE means only bugfixes and important patches. In FreeBSD - this seems not the case?

-JD

I agree, i think that was my mistake.. i come from using OpenBSD and *thought* -STABLE meant RELEASE+ security fixes.. Which is MY fault for not paying closer attention to the docs..
oh well i am now informed.

-rob