Anirban Adhikary sat at his 'puter and typed on 11/30/2005 14:38:
Hi guys this is Anirban.I have a doubt on the following

write a Shell script that will take a tar backup of a user on a daily basis.
Server details -
192.168.1.19
login - beta
password - bta321
working directory to use anirban
Hope i will receive my answer soon.

Hello Anirban,
What exactly do you want? You want a shell script to take tar backups of all the user directories or that of a particular user? I also do not understand why you are providing login information to your system. Thirdly that IP is a non routable IP address and is not accessible from outside. So that is of no use.

Thanks
S.