On stardate Wed, 30 Nov 2005, the wise Lowell Gilbert entered:

> > This driver is loaded in my /boot/loader.conf and gives the boot messages
> > in my dmesg like mentioned above.
>
> I don't understand.  Those messages certainly seem to be *recognizing*
> the device.

But I don't have a problem weather the card is recognized or not. Sound
from mp3's or mpg's works fine. The only problem is sound from audio cd's.

There is a spdif cable connection between the dvd player and the soundcard,
and it has worked before because I was able (by the emuctrl program) to set
the volume from "in1". With this newer driver from the ports I cannot set
in1.

Marco
--
Frankfort, Kentucky, makes it against the law to shoot off a
policeman's tie.