Gestur A. Grjetarsson wrote:
Hi
I'm having a problem installing freebsd on an ibm blade
the problem I face is that during boot, it always stops in OK prompt with the message
"can't load 'kernel'"
[...]
can anyone point me out... it seems that when I try type in
load /boot/kernel/kernel
I get ? instead of /

Hi there - I don't think I know the answer , but I've managed to figure things out in the past by issuing 'lsdev' (no quotes) from that point and see what it says/ what devices it can see.

Then you can usually change where it tries to find the kernel (passing the right path from the hardware/BIOs point of view).

(and again, maybe not ;) )

hope it helps.
Beto