Vizion wrote:
On Tuesday 29 November 2005 05:05, the author virgil huston contributed to

Waaaaay OT, sorry.:

   Folks,

   This is one of my more obscure questions and involves scanning
   not paper but something they used to store books, magazines,
   and newspapers--before the computer age.  It is called a
   microfiche (or fiche).  A friend got a copy of a rare
   out-of-print, not-for-sale book on microfiche.  We're looking
   for some means of scanning this film into a scanner with
   OCR.  So far, he has tried a camera with 8G memory.  No joy,
   the scanner sees garbage.  Anybody out there ever have anything
   like this prob?  The book is from 1913 so it is well in the
   public domain.  I've already written Google; zero response.

   I want to get this book up on my site, fully HTML it so that
   everybody has the opportunity to ready it ... .

Just check some local libraries, many of them at least at one time had readers with printers already in place.