* Svein Halvor Halvorsen
>  > I'm not sure when this happened, but I'm not able to use the XVideo
>  > extension enymore. I'm 100% positive that I was able to before, but now
>  > MPlayer wont let me use it. xvinfo also says "no adaptors present".
>  >
>  > I imagine this might have happened during the 6.0-upgrade, but I can't say
>  > for sure. I upgraded by the usual cvsup/makeworld/etc-routine, and used my
>  > usual KERNCONF, so no changes there. Some apps still are 5.x-binaries, but
>  > I've portupgraded both xorg and mplayer just to be sure.

* RW [2005-11-29 18:17 -0000]
>  Did you try: portupgrade -Rf mplayer

Yes, and since then I've upgraded my entire ports collection also. I don't
think is a mplayer issue, though, because xvinfo reports "no adaptors
present". I don't know too much about how all this fits together, and
can't say if this is an xorg issue, kernel issue, or other, but I am
certain that sometime in the not-to-distant-past XVideo did work on this
particular hardware.

How is that? What should I look into? Is it possible that a buildkernel
could stir xvideo up in the -beta to -release upgrade, when the kernel
config file has been left untouched?

        Best regards,
        Svein Halvor