ke.han wrote:
Roland Smith wrote:

On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 01:20:06AM +0800, ke.han wrote:

I have installed 6.0 and would like to follow important changes before something labeled 6.1 comes out.
What is the prescribed method for this?

I don't want to follow current or stable (I don't think). I just want security fixes and other changes that might be termed 6.01 if there were such a thing.

Create a cvsup-file with
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_6_0

thanks...so now that I have sync'd my source incorrectly by using stable-supfile and standard-supfile, can I get things back to where I want just by sync'ing again with the RELENG_6_0 tag ??

thanks ke han

why incorrectly? those files come as cvsup examples. and they're correct, you only need to specify your nearest mirror (*default host=) and if you want to follow the security branch, just change tag=RELENG_6 to tag=RELENG_6_0

martin

This will only give you important security fixes. If there are fixes,
you can find them on the FreeBSD homepage, under SECURITY ADVISORIES.

If a advisory has come out, use cvsup to update the sources, and rebuild
your kernel and userland as documented at the end of /usr/src/UPDATING
under the heading 'To rebuild everything and install it on the current
system". Note; you have to be in /usr/src to build world+kernel.

Roland