Hi,

from what I understand, carp is used to provide redundancy between two "servers" but can it provide redundancy for two nics in the same "server" ?

ex: if a server has 2 nics and one goes down, the virtual ip would get transfered to the other nic...

I'm looking for a way to "team" nic a bit like hp or intel does on windows, I tried stuff like netstat, one2many, ether, etc and can't find a way to make this work so I am wandering if carp could help.

For now, since I didn't find anything that would work, I've put a couple of ips on my loopback interface, put each of my nics on 2 differents subnet and used ospf for redundancy. It works perfectly, but I would prefer to have redundancy at layer 2 not layer 3

Thanks