I almost fell over yesterday to find deskutil/freemind was
        in portsfor FBSD.  It'll helpme organize and write things
        more easilythan having a dozen files with bits and pieces.

        I've figured out howto create sub-nodes off the root node,
        but not how to link in files that I can edit with vim.
        I googled around and read the freemind docs for a few hours
        last night without finding out how to point from, say, node

        topic1 --> /usr/local/tmp/1.notes

        and edit notes with vim.  There is a forum that I would have
        to join to be able to askt this question.  Anybody on-list
        ever use a tool like this who can answer my question or point
        me to the right FAQ??

        thanks in advance,

        gary

--