Wayne Swart wrote:

lo all you clever ppl

i am such a newbie to cisco and all routers for that matter:

we have got a 65K diginet leased line to one of our clients. the line has
been tested and is deffenatly up, but i get this error when telnetting to
the router and doing a show interface:

Serial1/7 is up, line protocol is down

does it mean that their line is up, but the router on the other side is
down ?

Thanks for the help.

wayne

The line is definately not up, the output says your interface is up and the line down :-((

So I think you should take this up with your provider (they should have the line down too )

Cheers

Rob