Jose Borquez wrote:

I need to install and configure Apache, PHP, IMAP, and MySQL because
I would like to install Group Office which is a groupware application sweet. I need to know if there is a specific order that I need to install the applications listed above. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Jose

Installing PHP (/usr/ports/lang/php$n) will pull in Apache 1.3 by default, and client libraries for IMAP support and MySQL support when you install (/usr/ports/lang/php$n-extensions).

I'm assuming though, that you mean an IMAP *server* and a MySQL *server*; in which case I'd do either of those first, and followup with PHP and php-extensions.

In any case, installing should be as simple as moving to the appropriate
directory under /usr/ports, and typing (as root) "make install clean" at
a command prompt.  Although it'll be boring, I'd suggest sitting in the
general vicinity of your terminal, as, if this is a fresh install, you
will be prompted for configuration by a "curses" mode options menu.

You can, however, get around this by doing all your config on the command-line; but that's a rather lengthy command string, and might
take almost as much time to discover all the perfect values for.

The good news:  should you desire to reinstall the apps, the
configuration should be saved for you.  See ports(7) for more
information.

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey