Hi everyone,
Thanks Gwen and Ted for your feedback. I am using an ADSL modem, basically a POTS network terminal. I am thinkng of switching ISP's, registering a domain and setting up my own mail server. The ISP I am using (according to thier 'technical support') does not use any encryption with the POP server and I am able to telnet into the SMTP server on port 25 and have my way with it. I have installed ipgrab so I can see for myself the information transmitted on rl0 and tun0. I also plan to try thunderbird (*sigh* I have to use X), to see if there is any difference between it's connection and pine's

Thanks again,

caleb.

P.S - as for hollywood movies, 'Takedown' - enough said :)

--
There is no spoon