Well, after a bit of searching it seems you have Marvell Yukon Gigabit
ethernet. I have a similar controller on my Asus motherboard, and it
works with:

device          sk

in the kernel config. However, I am not positive this driver will work
for you, as the chipset is slightly different.

it is compiled in GENERIC kernel and nothing was detected.
if it's similar chip but has different PCI ID adding it to driver may be enough. or may be not.

today - i can't see ANY new portable computer on market that have normal, compatible hardware. my friend recently bought ACER notebook and there is no OS that supports everything except windows XP.