Pietro Cerutti wrote:
On 12/13/05, Chris Whitehouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A way to use your current machine for both operating systems without
dual booting is to install a second hard disk, install FreeBSD and
select which to boot from in the bios. It's a slight faff changing boot
disk but works fine and keeps the OS's completely separate.

Could you please tell me the problems which could rise using dual boot?

I really can't imagine any, since the two (or more) OSes are on
different slices, and can't interfere which each other in any way.

Decide to redo the play machine when too tired, fdisk the wrong slice... As a newbie not understand which slice to fdisk... It was really in response to OP being 'not keen about running dual OS's' I have to run windows for work and sharing a play machine with a must be working machine doesn't seem as safe on a dual boot setup as two separate disks. You can even unplug the other disk to avoid mistakes.

Just my choice.

Chris

Thanx,

--