Hi,

An NFS server running FreeBSD 4.10 sometimes have the problem that all UDP ports below 1024 are used by rpc.lockd. This is not a high load server, really, it serves and handful workstations and should really cope. Is it so that rpc.lockd needs a port for each file, or else what is happening?

I found a discussion on -current from Jan 2004 about this, but I couldn't find that the problem was acutually solved? <http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-January/018773.html> Seems to be a problem with rebooting clients?

BTW, can I easily "flush" the lock daemon to get some ports back? It seems hard to restart the lock daemon - I once tried but gave up and ended up rebooting the system. There must be a better way?

Anyone knows if this is fixed in 6.0?

thx
Palle