Hello all,
I have a working version of Apache (1.3.34) and am trying to use mod_auth_pam to allow access to a directory. The modules all load and I get no error messages. When I try to authenticate using my username/password I get this in the Apache error logs: Permission denied: access to /dspam/ failed for 192.168.1.100, reason: authentication error

It will absolutely not accept my password and I don't know if there are any logs someplace else telling me why. I have tried different browsers (Mozilla, Firefox, IE, Safari) with the same result.

My /etc/pam.d/httpd:
auth       required    pam_unix.so     debug
account    required     pam_unix.so     debug

And my httpd.conf:
<Directory "/usr/local/www/vhosts/dspam">
  Options +ExecCGI
  AuthPAM_Enabled on
  AuthName "DSPAM"
  AuthType Basic