People,

        You may remember that I'm trying to scan > 400 pages from a text.
        Things work much better using he latest gocr and a greatly
        enlarged JPEG image, tweaked with xv.  I'm almmost to the point
        where I can use aspell -c to correct  misinterpreted text.  The
        gotcha is that the sample jpg file I  have are filled with
        improper non-characters, including "_", '<", ">", along with
        punctuation, and random integers.  Is there any way to tell
        aspell to look at (say) S_wiss and guess Swiss, an6yle and guess
        angle, n:otio:1 and guess motion, and di.5tnnce and guess distance?

        Because the delimiters are spaces, it is impossible to have
        aspelll recgnize things like "i f" for if, and so on.  But gotta
        say that version 0.40is vastly bettr than 0.37.

        thanks much,

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix