On Fri, 20 Dec 2002 18:11:11 +0200, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello!
If I cvsup'd ports what will I need in order to make my new ports to work? I mean I should make a buildworld?
Thanks!
You will often be able to build most or all of your new ports without building the world, because cvsup-ing has updated the ports skeletons. However, occasionally an updated port will depend on something in your system having been updated, so building world would be necessary to avoid breakage. Therefore, unless building the world would be a problem (takes too long, don't want to take the machine offline, etc.), doing so avoids any potential difficulty.

--
Jud