On 1/11/2006 10:18 PM Igor Robul said the following:

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 08:44:54PM -0800, Drew Tomlinson wrote:
On 1/10/2006 7:09 AM Igor Robul said the following:
Do you have tun0 interface on boot time? Are you activating ppp
manually?

I do run openvpn and its start up script creates tun0 and tun1. No ppp. But the "fatal error" is "Not root". Why is ntop not root?
Does openvpn start before or after ntop? I _think_, that ntop when tries open network device and cant do this, it "thinks" that it is not running as
root.

Remove tun* interfaces from list of interfaces ntop is monitoring. If
problem persist then I'm wrong, if it will disappear, then you can try
reorder startup sequence, for example start openvpn before ntop.
You are right!  Starting openvpn before ntop resolves this issue.

Thanks,

Drew