On Jan 12, 2006, at 11:20 AM, Jerry Dunham wrote:

On 12 Jan 2006 at 12:37, Doug Poland wrote:

On Thu, January 12, 2006 12:15, Li, Qing wrote:

        Has anyone successfully gotten the sound to work
        on the Dell D600 laptop running FreeBSD 6.0?

        If you've done it, could you please share your tricks
        with me.

I've got a C600 laptop working with sound. Not sure if it's the same,
but I added the following line to my /boot/loader.conf

snd_maestro3_load="YES"

The C600 and D600 are quite different critters. That doesn't guarantee
that your suggestion WON'T work, but it wouldn't be surprising if it
failed. I don't recall what sound architecture the D600 uses, but it was a complete redesign following the last of the C-series. If you need more
information on the D-series I can probably find out.

--
Jerry Dunham
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

We have a series of D600's at my work, and in Windows they report that they use SigmaTel C-Major audio. Not sure what that maps to in FreeBSD. Look online in either the handbook or at Alsa's site for some more information. At least this is a working start for you.
-Garrett