On Tuesday 17 January 2006 19:27, Micheal Patterson pondered:
> > The 1663 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: filtered)
> > PORT     STATE SERVICE
> > 80/tcp   open  http
> > 554/tcp  open  rtsp
> > 1755/tcp open  wms
> > 5190/tcp open  aol
>
> Kilian, what does a sockstat show you on those systems and are there any
> nats on either of these systems that would have a redirect_address to
> something behind them?

sockstat -4l only shows up the processes serving the LAN (dnsmasq, samba) as
well as sshd:
USER    COMMAND PID   FD PROTOLOCAL ADDRESS     FOREIGN ADDRESS
root            smbd                    484   18 tcp4
192.168.133.1:445       *:*
root            smbd                    484   19 tcp4
192.168.133.1:139       *:*
root            nmbd                    480   6  udp4           *:137
        *:*
root            nmbd                    480   7  udp4           *:138
        *:*
root            nmbd                    480   8  udp4
192.168.133.1:137       *:*
root            nmbd                    480   9  udp4
192.168.133.1:138       *:*
nobody          dnsmasq         458   1  udp4           *:56212
*:*
nobody          dnsmasq         458   3  udp4           *:53
        *:*
nobody          dnsmasq         458   4  tcp4           *:53
        *:*
nobody          dnsmasq         458   5  udp4           *:67
        *:*
root            sshd                    432   3  tcp4           *:22
                *:*
root            syslogd                 311   4  udp4           *:514
        *:*

So nothing suspect at all here. Yes, the systems are natted(with above system
LAN on 192.168.133.0/24), using ppp -nat. I have no specific redirects set
up, and only a "allow tcp/udp from LAN to WAN/any setup keep-state" dynamic
rule, but that should be unrelated.

If my server is not compromised, how the heck could an http/rtsp/wms/aol
redirect sneak in there without me explicitly enabling it?

--
Kilian Hagemann

Climate Systems Analysis Group
University of Cape Town