Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Thu, Jan 19, 2006 at 12:52:26AM +0100, Albert Shih wrote:
Hi all

I known that's a question come 1000 times when there are a new release...

I must re-install my nfs server (actually run under FreeBSD 4.7 perfectly).

I want to install FreeBSD 6.0-stable or FreeBSD 6.0-Release because on the
www.freebsd.org this tag is ?Production...?. But is it a good idea ? Maybe
FreeBSD 5.4-Release is enough ?

What's adavantage can I've to install FreeBSD 6.0 instead 5.x ? (The only
thing I want is the best performance AND best stability for...nfs).

6.0 should perform much better than 5.4 for this task.  It is also
more stable than 5.4-RELEASE in general.

Kris
6.0 has pretty solid NFS, as did 5.4, but perhaps better. I have an idea because I use NFS quite regularly.
-Garrett