Ken Stevenson wrote:

What software did you have to install (if any) on the 2850's in order to
use the serial console? I have a couple 2650's with DRAC's, and I can
connect to the Web interface on the DRAC port, but the serial console never
connects.

None. For me they just worked out of the box. I had to upgrade the firmware in order to get SSH connections to work, but the java serial console just worked.

I would first make sure that you have the DRAC configured correctly especially gateway and DNS server IPs, then start by running a Web browser on the Dell itself and connecting to the DRAC.

The other thing is that I do get lots of warnings about certificates, so maybe over-aggressive browser security settings are your problem.

I realise I should have said that these are DRAC4s. I don't believe that the underlying OS should matter a jot, but we have 5.4-RELEASE. I can connect from a Mozilla browser with native java 1.4. You do have Java installed, right?

--Alex