Anthony Dematteo wrote:
I am interested in building a new computer, with the intention of
running FreeBSD AMD/64.

I am, however haveing trouble finding a mother board with support
listed in the hardware database.  (Mostly for onboard audio)  Is it
reasonable to belive that these audio devices will follow a normal
spec, and the FreeBSD will run them? Is there a good possiblity that
if they are not listed in the hardware.txt that they will not work at
all?  What about onboard ethernet?
Thank you,
Anthony DeMatteo

Most AC97 PCI audio devices built on-board with via or nvidia chipsets work - most that I have encountered anyhow. Not an intel fan over here, so not so sure about intel'd boards/chipsets... but I can easily reccomend almost any MSI, or Tyan mainboard with AMD64 or Opteron chips.

On-Board ethernet varies greatly, and depends on the chipset... but again, most PCI-based cards/chipsets are supported - there are however exceptions to every rule, and some cards (notably the nvidia ethernet afaik - have issues).

Personally (irony to my choice of CPU's) - I stick with nothing but Intel on the ethernet side, good old EtherExpress Pro 100/B PCI 10/100 cards on the desktop; rock-solid performer without any configuration woes, (least not that I've encountered).

--
Nathan Vidican
[EMAIL PROTECTED]