I don't think I've done any harm, but I wanted another opinion or two.

Added an additional hard drive to an existing setup.
Then gave the following commands:

bsdlabel -w /dev/ad2
newfs -U -O 2 /dev/ad2
mount /dev/ad2 /mnt/ad2

then went about the business of moving and rearranging for having the new disk.
After the machine was back in production, I saw the odd mount point.

My question is, have I just ended up ignoring the bsdlabel command and I'm
using the entire disk as a "raw disk" or is there some set of reasons I should
re-bsdlabel and newfs /dev/ad2a this time.

John.