Ken Stevenson wrote:

A. Clausen wrote:

Slowly educating myself in FreeBSD. Have managed to get Samba set up and can access my FreeBSD server, but trying to get SMBFS shares mounted in fstab is causing me grief. Either I get errors about invalid file system or I get nothing at all when I issue "mount -a", but the share still isn't mounted. I've tried adding some info to nsmb.conf, but that doesn't seem to make much difference.

I'm running FreeBSD 6 and Samba 3.0.14a.

Are you trying to mount Windows shares under Samba? If so here's what my fstab looks like:

//[EMAIL PROTECTED]/c    /smb/amiserver    smbfs    rw    0    0

I'm mounting the share named c on a Windows 2000 server named amiserver at the mount point /smb/amiserver on my FreeBSD server.

Edit /etc/nsmb.conf and set the workgroup, addr and password values for your windows share.

Thanks for the tips. It looks like my big mistake was not putting the user name in nsmb.conf in all-caps. Once I did that, mount -a mounted all my SMB shares.

--
A. Clausen