Brian Astill wrote:
program runs on Windows 2000/XP only. Why would anyone in their right mind NOT port a program as sensible as this to a SECURE OS?
I should say that Windows XP is not intrinsically insecure. You can secure it, and I don't mean trivially by removing the network connection, but by shutting down unneeded services, replacing iexplorer.exe with firefox where possible, and so on. I have heard that Dragon Naturally Speaking is very good, and that seems like a good reason to run Windows.