I have tried several ways to install  FreeBSD version 6.0  and all bomb
the same way.
What happens is that I first get a message “Building the boot loader arguments”
on one line, and shortly afterwards the message “Relocating the loader and the
BTX” on another line.  After a delay of about 11 minutes, a third line appears
containing the message “Starting the BTX loader”.  I let the system run for
about an hour and a half but no more messages appeared, nor did the computer
indicate that the installation had completed.
        The only thing in my machine that I think could be “not working” with
the installation program is my  BIOS .  Here is all the information I have
about my   BIOS  .  It names itself as “Energy Star Ally” written by Award
Software Inc. and that it is an “Award Modular BIOS” with “Award Plug & Play
BIOS extension v1.0A”.  Its ID is v4.6OPGMA  (the character between the "6" &
the "P" is a vertical ellipse with a dot at its center, it is either  zero  or
oh ).