-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Ronald F.
Guilmette
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2002 8:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Via VT8233a Sound support (?)

What's the current status of support (in the pcm driver?) for the Via
VT8233a Southbridge sound?

I just looked at some postings about this in Google, and it doesn't look
very encouraging.

(That's kind-of a bummer, cuz I just bought this shiny new Soyo KT333
motherboard, and I hate to have to go and buy a soundblaster for this box
when the motherboard has perfectly good sound support right there on the
motherboard.)