On Thursday 09 February 2006 18:17, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Helo,
>
> Did any one know IPTV solutions for FreeBSD?
hm, vlc. Not exactly IPTV though. You'll find in the ports/multimedia/vlc

> I need some sofware that allow resive multicast TV and cast them to STB and
> PC...

The thing with IPTV is that the content is encrypted, and gets decrypted
by the STB, which is controlled by your IPTV-provider. You cannot simply
connect your FreeBSD box to your switch, receive multicast video and
display it. I don't think you'll find open source software that does this...

The other way around works fine, of course. vlc sends multicast and the
STB displays it.

HTH, Nikos