On Feb 12 Robert Slade spake forth boldly:

Was trying to setup apsfilter to be able to print to my
winbox printer. Got as far as the follwing:

===>   apsfilter-7.2.6_2 depends on executable: smbclient - not found
===>    Verifying install for smbclient in /usr/ports/net/samba
===>  samba-2.2.12_2 has known vulnerabilities:
=> samba -- integer overflow vulnerability.
    Reference:
<http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/portaudit/3b3676be-52e1-11d9-a9e7-0001020eed82.html>
=> Please update your ports tree and try again.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/samba.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/apsfilter.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/apsfilter.

Script done on Sat Feb 11 20:01:52 2006

I've got portaudit installed & the database was just updated
several days ago, as well as the ports with portsnap & portupgrade.
Have checked the last week or so of the cvs mailing list for samba
& found nothing, so I didn't rerun portsnap & portupgrade. Already
so many dependencies installed for apsfilter, I hated to update
anything else right in the middle of all of this. Tried running the
make command with -DIGNORE_VULNERABILITIES but still no dice. Any
advice, pointers to reading up on it, help, appreciated.
Denny White

Denny,

Samba3 is in the ports try that instead.

Thanks for the advice, Robert. Did it. Found the proper printer
driver & set it up. Took a long time to connect to an ftp server
that had it (in case someone else has to do the same thing, don't
cancel, it'll find a server eventually that has it). Apsfilter
is setup now. Still have to fiddle with Samba settings. Had it
setup once before a long time back when I was running FreeBSD
4.7, I believe, on my old laptop. It'll just take some patience
& tinkering. Thanks again for the help.
Denny White

Please do not CC me. Already subscribed to mailing list.

GnuPG key  : 0x1644E79A  |  http://wwwkeys.nl.pgp.net
Fingerprint: D0A9 AD44 1F10 E09E 0E67  EC25 CB44 F2E5 1644 E79A