Alex Mayfield wrote:

Next, Use "Load Fail-Safe Defaults" and try FreeBSD.

This worked. It booted fine, I got FreeBSD set up, X set up, some programs set up and sound working after going back into the BIOS and turning sound and USB and other vital stuff back on. I'm only running into a few problems, such as my BIOS complaining every time I run the bootloader about the MBR changing, and the fact that I have to use ESC instead of ALT to change windows in irssi. But nothing I can't figure out on my own. Thank you all for your help.

Glad you got there. Re: MBR. Most BIOSes have some option about boot block virus protection which could cause what you describe.

--Alex