Kurt Buff wrote:

On 2/28/06, Alex Zbyslaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Kurt Buff wrote:
sshd: fatal: timeout before authentication from 192.168.11.63

Can you ssh from one of your other FreeBSD boxes to this box?  If not
then try "ssh -v -v -v" which may point you in the right direction.

Well, today it's working, but it's veeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyy slow to log
into, from the Windows boxes. From the FreeBSD boxes it's just a bit
slow to log in.

Slow SSH authentication is often down to squiffy DNS resolution. Does the FreeBSD host know the names of the windows boxes? If you set "UseDNS no" in the sshd_config file (don't forget to restart sshd) does the login suddenly speed up? (I don't recommend that as a final solution, but if login does speed up then at least we know it's a DNS issue).

--Alex