Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

You need to load an OS supported by Dell - ie: Windows -
on this system first and run some stress-testers on it and
see if it locks up.   If it does not then try Linux and if that
works, you either use Linux or call Dell and tell them to make it
work with FreeBSD or your going to return the server to Dell.
You have 30 days from date of purchase to do this per UCC.

Tired of messing with it, I bought a new dell
poweredge 2650, with scsi raid, a couple gigs of ram,
duals, and just a new system, configured it, copied
user data over and switched to it.  Sure enough still
the worst stability I've ever seen.  It has dual power
supplies, each in a different UPS. I don't believe
power is the problem or I'd see similar problems on
the other server or router I have plugged in there.  I
even upgraded to 6.0-Release-p1 but no luck.
Well, we run some 2850's which may or may not be similar and they run fine. Random reboots sounds like hardware. Our Dell's came with bootable diagnostics on the first disk slice (F1 at boot time) so if you didn't scrub them I would suggest booting them. If you did scrub them then I would call Dell, but as Ted says, they may bitch and moan that they don't support FreeBSD.

--Alex