You didn't send any rules for it? Do you tune them?
Try to read this about ip filter installation and sturtup-time pulling.
http://www.freebsddiary.org/topics.php#ipfilter

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Argh! I've been pulling my hair out trying to get my NAT gateway going.
I have two interfaces, one external and internal, servicing a private LAN.
From the LAN I can ping the internal interface and the external interface,
but I can't get past the ext. interface. For testing my rules are pass in
all and pass out all. From the gateway itself I can ping anywhere outside
or inside.

I have tried loading IPNAT and IPF as loadable kernel modules by adding the
following to /etc/rc.conf:

gateway_enable="YES"
network_interfaces="x10 dc0 lo0"
ifconfig x10...
ifconfig dc0...
ipfilter_enable="YES"
ipfilter_rules="/etc/ipf.rules"
ipfilter_program="/sbin/ipf"
ipfilter_flags=""
ipnat_enable="YES"
ipnat_program="/sbin/ipnat"
ipnat_flags=""

Each interface is up and running. My default gateway in /etc/rc.conf is
the gateway of the external NIC.

Can anyone see anything wrong with what I am doing, or something missing? Do I need routed installed and running? I also tried
forward_sourceroute="YES", but that didn't seem to help.

Thanks,
Adam Lofstedt

Best regards, Aleksey I. Yurlov
[EMAIL PROTECTED]