Hello Marc,

Marc Ravenor wrote:
I work for a systems integrator based in the UK. I have a client that is
currently using FreeBSD version 4.11 and version 6. He currently wants
to use the software on an HP DL320 G4 server. The problem he is facing
at the moment is that when the software is loaded he is unable to see
the drives in the server.

What kind of software is he loading? Are we speaking about boot process of both versions of FreeBSD? What kind of hardware configuration (especially sata controllers or any disk controllers at all) does this g4 server have?

I am happily using FreeBSD 6 on DL380 G4 with HP Smart Array 6i (ciss driver).

Martin