On Mar 6, 2006, at 4:45 PM, Noel Jones wrote:

On 3/6/06, Bart Silverstrim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'm totally drawing a blank on where to start out on this.

If I have a list of URLs like
http://www.happymountain.com/archive/digest.gif

How could I use Awk or Sed to strip everything after the .com?  Or is
there a "better" way to do it?  I'd like to just pipe the information
from the logs to this mini-script and end up with a list of URLs
consisting of just the domain (http://www.happymountain.com).

    | cut -d / -f 1-3

Oh boy was that one easy.  It was a BAD mental hiccup.

I'll add a sort and uniq and it should be all ready to go. Thanks!