If I manually rm -rf a port, manually untar (ie glib.tar.gz), and do a portupgrade -rR glib, will packages that have a specific dependency on the old glib version get rebuilt? Or if not will they break (I am just using glib as an example and looking for a very general answer)? I would like to figure out how portupgrade works without CVSUPing the whole port tree. Like in the case of a security problem on a production server. I don't necessarily want to rebuild every port that has been installed on the box. Doing this has worked so-far, but I want to make sure that this is the best approach, so that I don't end up having the mess I had a while back with dependencies.